Interested to discover the Edmonton River Valley stairs for walking and running? These city maintained stairways connect different neighborhoods in Edmonton to the River Valley.
Whether you want to walk these stairs into the river valley, or you want challenge yourself with a run on these stairs or do a grueling workout on these stairs – you’ll be sure to find your favorite stairs soon enough.
Find River Valley Stairs
– Wolf Willow Stairs (Oleskiw) off of Westridge Park
– Quesnell Bridge Stairs (Laurier Park)
– 114 street Stairs (Oliver) at 114 Street and 98 Avenue
– Royal Glenora Stairs (Downtown) beside the club at 11160 River Valley Road
– Hotel MacDonald Stairs (Downtown) behind the hotel at 10065-100 Street
– Whitemud Park Stairs (Grandview) at 13204 Fox Drive
– Rainbow Valley Stairs (Lansdowne) at Snow Valley ski hill
– Hawrelak Park/Groat Road Stairs (Windsor Park)
– Queen Elizabeth Park Stairs (Strathcona) best start is Kinsmen Sports Centre
– Highlands Stairs (Highlands) off Ada Boulevard
Regardless of which stairs you go to, you are often surrounded with beautiful city views. Many of these are quite busy locations, and be sure to bring your water bottle. Remember etiquette is to go down the stairs to your right and go up the stairs to your right. Many will leave water bottles at the top or bottom, as many will do multiple sets of stairs.
For the really adventurous who want to bike in the river valley, there is flat panels on either side of the stairs so that you can easily push your bike up these stairs – if you so incline. Be sure to be safe and enjoy the stairs within your limits. It is a beautiful outdoor feature of Edmonton.